To restore the Ballyglunin Train Station to its former glory and provide a world class cultural experience to visitors.
- To develop the Ballyglunin Train Station as a heritage site that will provide a quality visitor experience celebrating the legacy of the film ‘The Quiet Man’. :
- Retell the history of Ballyglunin Station with particular emphasis on those who departed the West of Ireland via Ballyglunin Station;
- Provide a space to enhance local community well-being, working with groups such as the active elderly, Ability West, drama clubs, music groups, mother and toddler groups to name a few.
Please download the Ballyglunin Train Station Development Plan
Core Values of the Ballyglunin Railway Restoration Project
- Community and heritage
- All works must be carried out in a archaeologically and environmentally sensitive manner
- Minimum intervention and maximum retention
- Work closely with key stakeholders
- Sustainability will be at the core of all activities